The REDTOP Flycatcher is specifically designed for outdoor use,
5 days after activation it draws flies away from the home, or other affected area,
creating a fly-free environment. The fly catcher exploits the survival instincts of the fly in order to trap it.
Therefore the flies never become immune to the bait as in the case of insecticides.
This powerful product is highly effective in the home and domestic environment.
Bait last for up to a 6-8 week cycle. Our product is attractively priced and easy to use.
There are five main components that
make up the REDTOP Flycatcher:
A turret through which the flies enter into the trap.
A cover dish which is the 'chassis' of the trap.
A mesh cone stopping caught flies from escaping.
A bag which contains the bait and the caught flies.
A powdered bait mixed with water within the trap.
One sachet of bait lasts around two months before
replacement is necessary. The bait is safe and
contains no poisons or harmful chemicals.
CONTROLING FLY POPULATION:
The success of the REDTOP Flycatcher is in the fact that it catches mainly female flies.
This breaks the breeding cycle of the fly and brings the fly population under control.
Once under control it is easy to maintain that control with the continued use of a REDTOP Flycatcher.
Keep out of reach of children, pets and livestock. Flies introduce pathogens (disease carrying germs) to the activated trap.
WHERE TO HANG YOUR REDTOP FLY CATCHER:
- Not closer than 5 metres from fly breeding areas
(i.e., manure heaps,compost heaps, chicken runs,
etc.) At head height or higher.
- In direct sunlight for temperate climates.
- In semi shade for very hot climates.
- Between the fly breeding and the living area.
- Hang the Redtop outdoors in a suitable position
(Not closer than 15m from the affected area)
- Suitable for all areas where flies are a problem
such as cattle farm, stables and chicken facilities.
TIPS WHEN DISPOSING OR HANDLING
- Dispose of old traps on garbage collection day.
- Bait up a new trap 3 to 4 days before disposal
of the old one to ensure continuous catching.
- Top up with water when required.
- Water should be steadily increased as trap fills.
- Add a tablespoon of local soil to
enhance local area organisms.
FOR RE-USABLE TRAP ONLY:
Prepare replacement bait in a suitable container
2-3 days prior to changing to ensure continual use.